Monday, October 21, 2019

Week 7 Assignment 2


I think Second Life is a great tool for learning, but I feel that it would need to be handled and taught in a certain way. Just over a I took a course that deep dove into the creation of virtual worlds for education. Through that course I was able to realize that virtual reality has a long way to go before it can fully sustain learning. However, there are a lot of cool ways that we as teachers can use it as a tool to teach our students about, the world and how to be a good digital citizen. Virtual learning is also great for students who may struggle with traditional classroom learning, this type of immersion is great for students who need an engaging and more personal type of learning.

2 comments:

  1. Ericka I agree that this would need to be taught in a certian way to enjoy its full potential. Virtual learning is cool especially when learning things or locations that are not within reach. Students would definitely be engage with this program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would defiantly need a tutorial to learn SL to the fullest. I played around with it a little but there is much more than I was able to get to.

    ReplyDelete